You don't have to live in a big city to have a career or run successful companies in game development, tech or future industry. Skövde has shown this.
Things are bubbling up on the West Göta plain, where Skövde has quickly developed into a tech hub with a fast-growing business community, a vibrant start-up scene, academia and research. But it's not just working life that has made more people look towards Skövde. It's life, and the location.
- We are now working on Skövde's largest neighborhood transformation as we build Skövde Science City. New housing is being created at the same time as we meet the growing interest from, among others, tech companies that want to develop here. It will be a state-of-the-art and sustainability-oriented district in central Skövde. Right next to the university, Science Park Skövde and the central station," says Louise Stöök, construction project manager at Bengt Dahlgren and involved in the gigantic urban development project.
Skövde Science City becomes a center for technology, research and innovation, with meeting places, event spaces and offices. But above all, the district will be a dream home for conscious young people, and young families with children, who want to live a modern, sustainable and social life, close to job opportunities, networks and leisure activities.
- Science City will be really cool, like a Silicon Valley in the middle of town. But it won't just be innovation and creativity, but also nice environments to be in when we are not in the office," says Jan Molin, solution architect at the SaaS company Hypergene with offices in Skövde.
- This location will attract more people to Skövde. It is only a few minutes away from an inspiring business community, schools, leisure areas, outdoor activities and the city center. If you want a big city, it's only an hour to Gothenburg and two to Stockholm," he points out.
With different types of accommodation, meeting places and lots of urban greenery, Skövde Science City will contribute to well-being and quality of life. The developers also attach great importance to this in their projects:
- Health and well-being are fundamental to everything we build. From how courtyards and other environments are designed, to the technical solutions and materials we choose. This has a significant impact on our well-being and the ability to reduce our own climate footprint," says John Ulinder, project manager at Jättadalen Fastighets AB.
Skövde Science City includes a comprehensive sustainability commitment from everyone involved, with a strong focus on exploring and testing new solutions for both the environment and society. Own energy production, control systems for electricity consumption and adaptations to climate change are obvious elements of the future city district.
- We challenge in all areas. When we think we are done, we turn it around a few more times. There is a greatness in the project, we are building both a city and a new inspiring context," concludes John Ulinder.